The program teaches children to work together while building cognitive, emotional and behavioral skills required for productive and healthy lives. In addition to expected procedures and behaviors, our PAX plan also reinforces safe measures to ensure a healthy learning environment including:
- Students will stay a minimum of four feet apart at all times.
- Students will keep face coverings on while inside the building.
- Students will wash/disinfect their hands throughout the school day.
Norwood View is proud to once again welcome back our partners from the Adopt a Class Foundation of Cincinnati. Through Adopt a Class, many of our kids and teachers are building community relationships. Team building, mentoring and life experiences help the students envision a future beyond the classroom, set goals, and grow confidence. Currently, we have six organizations that have “adopted” classrooms across multiple grade levels:
- Mr. Keeling 1st grade-Cintas Corporation
- Ms. Dwyer 1st grade-Paycor Incorporated
- Ms. Toadvine 2nd grade-Gilman Partners
- Ms. Russ 2nd grade-Paycor Incorporated
- Ms. Woelfel 3rd grade-Merrill Lynch
- Ms. Brown 3rd grade-Merrill Lynch
- Ms. Lankerd 3rd grade- Merrill Lynch
- Ms. Piening 4th grade-Paycor Incorporated
- Ms. Ferguson 4th grade Paycor Incorporated
- Ms. Kriz 4th grade Paycor Incorporated
- Mr. Heizel 5th grade Michelman Corporation
- Mr. Berling 5th grade Finit Solutions
Not only do these organizations enrich the educational experience for our students, but they also make many donations and volunteer their time and services to our school. While our adopters cannot attend school in person this year, we are still able to connect with our friends via monthly virtual meetings.
View students, families, and staff members have done an amazing job of adapting to our new location, as well as the many challenges we have faced this year. Together, we look forward to another successful school year.