21-22 Welcome Letter
Dear NMS Parents,
On behalf of the Norwood Middle School staff, it is our pleasure to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year. Our school year kicks off on Wednesday August 25th 8:00 AM for students and it will be here before you know it! We are especially excited to be adding the 6th grade into the fold at NMS. Remember, there is no school supply list. The district will provide materials students need. Please review the information below as we head into the start of the school year. See you soon!
Forms, Policy and Procedures:
NMS Student Handbook
Arrival and Dismissal-Video Link
- All returning and new students must complete Final Forms under enrollment on the district webpage.Just click on the tab above "Enrollment". Any questions call 924-2506.
- Parent Progress Book Access: If you need a registration key for a new account or to reset your password, please contact Tammy Guy at 924-2700 or [email protected].
2021-2022 Back to School Plan
Our Board of Education has aligned our guidance with the Ohio Department of Health which “strongly recommends” masks for staff and students preschool-12th grade. Our district strongly recommends mask wearing to keep your student from being quarantined this year, according to the revised guidance form the Ohio Department of Health. According to new quarantine guidance, if your child is wearing a mask and is exposed to a positive person, he/she will most likely not need to quarantine. This will allow him/her to stay in school and participate in extracurricular activities/athletics.
Please note that our DART team meets every Friday to track both the data from the district and the City. There will be times during the year, especially as we head into fall and winter, where Covid-19 spread may develop and we will have to mandate masks in that classroom, building, or the entire district. We will immediately communicate this to families and have masks available for students
Arrival and Dismissal-Video Link
- Any student needing a safe place to wait for a sibling to dismiss from Williams Elementary at 3:20 , the MS auditorium will be available for them.
- There will be homework help Monday -Thursday after school for any student needing the time, space and assistance.
- Any 6th Grade parent interested in Before and After School care through Avenues for Success, please click the enrollment link. https://forms.gle/yiAb3FVEMiVbg1CJ6
- Avenues for Success After Clubs will begin in October. Information will be available Mid-September.
- School Day starts 8:00 AM. School Day ends 2:50 PM.
Dates and General Information
- Schedule Pick Up this week: 6th Grade Thursday 8/19/21 from 1-3 PM
- 7th and 8th Grade Friday 8/20/21 1-3 PM
- Curriculum Night September 15th will be a virtual presentation from teachers.
- Parent Teacher Conference Thursday September 23, 4:00-7:00 PM.
- Students should bring their ChromeBooks fully charged day one!
Derek Alsip-Counselor Joan Richards-Counselor Nick Vrzal- Math/SS 7th
Amy Sperry-Intervention Specialist Jessica Ruehl-Spanish
Jacob Lee-Music Katie Donovan- Math 6th Sarah Leever- ELA 6th
Melissa Burns-Science 6th Jen Brockman-Math 6th Sue Martini-ELA 6th
Myles Berling-S.S. 6th Adam Mclain Intervention Specialist 6th
Nutrition Services Information
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions or need help! We can be reached at 513-924-2700.