Board of Education
Board Of Education
The Norwood City School District Board of Education meetings are held the third Thursday of every month in the mini-auditorium at Norwood High School at 6:00 pm. If a board meeting has been relocated or rescheduled, a notice will be posted on-line and at the board office.
The Board transacts all business at official meetings of the Board. Meetings are taped live and played back to the community on cable access in Norwood. All board meetings are open to the public, except for executive sessions during which Board members may meet for: personnel matters, purchase or sale of property, legal matters, negotiations, matters to be kept confidential by federal law or state statutes, or security arrangements.
The Norwood Board of Education is responsible to the state of Ohio and to the citizens of Norwood. Duties of the Norwood City School District Board of Education are:
- Selecting a superintendent of schools and a treasurer.
- To provide for the preparation and adoption of the annual budget.
- To provide, by exercise of its taxing power, the funds necessary to finance the operation of the schools.
- To provide buildings and facilities for carrying forward the educational program, for its operation, and for the insurance of all physical properties.
- To formulate, adopt and evaluate policies for the efficient organization, operation, and administration of the schools.
- To consider and pass, upon the recommendation of the superintendent, all matters of policy, appointment, or dismissal of employees, salary schedules, or other personnel regulation, courses of study, selection of textbooks, and other matters pertaining to the welfare of the schools.
- To require reports by the superintendent concerning the conditions, efficiency, and needs of the schools.
- To inform the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
- To appraise the effectiveness with which the schools are achieving the educational purposes of the Board.
- To hold an annual evaluation with the superintendent and the treasurer.