Dear Wildcat parents
On behalf of the Williams Avenue Elementary staff, it is our pleasure to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. We are thrilled that you have entrusted your child's education to us, in lieu of everything going on in the world around us. Be assured that we are dedicated to providing an educational experience of the highest quality for every student. We have spent the past 5 months learning, gathering information, putting together a comprehensive safety plan to ensure the most conducive for all to enjoy. Together with everyone’s help, we Can & Will get these turbulent times.
It’s our belief that all of us - the school, the parents, and the community - must work together in an extended family environment to ensure success for each student in helping them become forward thinkers and problem solvers. Whether that be in class or virtual, our staff and administrators have taken various professional development opportunities to get the much needed growth from each and every student. We know that COVID-19 has changed protocol, policy and strategies, but we know that without your support and being active in your student’s educational endeavors it would be a much tougher road. We encourage each of you to become a member of our PTA, communicate with your child's teachers, and attend school events throughout the school year.
Please be aware that as part of our security policy:
· ALL visitors entering the building must ring the doorbell & SIGN-IN in the school office before entry. Parking on our campus lots is NOT permitted & are for staff members only; Families MUST park on street in properly marked areas.
· To be allowed to take a student from the building, the adult must be VERIFIED as a listed
emergency contact on the students Emergency Medical Authorization Form and MUST SHOW
Back to School plan:
· We will start the year with A & B Days. Teachers will be in contact to let you know who they will have for homerooms & which day your student will be coming. Those in A Group: will come to school on Mondays & Tuesdays; B Group: will come Thursdays & Fridays.
· Students K-12 will be required to wear a mask to school each and every day they attend.
· They will need to bring their Chromebooks with them each day (please make sure they are charged).
· Entrances will vary based on grade level, as well as exiting the building at days end (Video will be posted on how that will look).
· Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to class each day.
The first day of school for Grades 1-6 is Monday, August 24th. Our front door will open at 8:15am this year, the school day begins at 8:35am and ends at 3:20pm. Our staff is ready to embrace the process of creating Innovative mindsets in each student.