Dear Wildcat Parents,
Williams Avenue Elementary staff is preparing their NEW rooms from our move to the Norwood Middle School. We will be ready to go on day one. Be assured that we are dedicated to providing an educational experience of the highest quality for every student. In the past school year we have continued learning, gathering information, and putting together a comprehensive safety plan to ensure the most conducive for all to enjoy.
We all must work together, the school, the parents, and the community to ensure success for each student in helping them become higher-level thinkers and problem solvers. We encourage each of you to become a member of our PTA, communicate with your child's teachers, join Class Dojo, and attend school events throughout the school year.
Our Board of Education has aligned our guidance with the Ohio Department of Health which “strongly recommends” masks for staff and students preschool-12th grade. Our district strongly recommends mask wearing to keep your student from being quarantined this year, according to the revised guidance form the Ohio Department of Health. According to new quarantine guidance, if your child is wearing a mask and is exposed to a positive person, he/she will most likely not need to quarantine. This will allow him/her to stay in school and participate in extracurricular activities/athletics.
Please note that our DART Team meets every Friday to track both the data from the district and the City. There will be times during the year, especially as we head into fall and winter, where COVID-19 spread may develop and we will have to mandate masks in that classroom, building, or the entire district. We will immediately communicate this to families and have masks available for students.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AS PART OF OUR SECURITY POLICY:
- ALL visitors entering the building must ring the doorbell & SIGN-IN in the school office before entry. Parking on our campus lots is NOT permitted & are for staff members only. Please visit www.norwoodschools.org, click on Schools, then Williams. There you will find a Virtual Video & explanation of arrival/dismissal procedures on traffic flow.
- To be allowed to take a student from the building, the adult must be VERIFIED as a listed
- emergency contact on the students Emergency Medical Authorization Form and MUST SHOW
- PHOTO I.D.
BACK TO SCHOOL PLAN:
- Teachers will be in contact to let you know who your child will have for homerooms, as well as information about the link for Class Dojo App.
- They will need to bring their Chromebooks with them each day. Please make sure they are charged.
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR GRADES 1-5 IS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25TH. Our front door will open at 8:15am this year, the school day begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:20pm. Our staff is ready to embrace the process of learning and expand the brains in each student.