High School Highlights
January 4th we held our 2nd annual Alumni Panel. juniors and Seniros got to hear from former students about first-hand college experiences. The event was a huge success and we wnat to thank the Norwood Alumni that took time ou to their winter break to share with us!
January 19th Lunch and Learn will feature woment in sales and business
We are entering scholarship season for graduating seniors. Be sure to stop by the loft to get your applications started!
What's Happening in the Middle School?
-GEAR-UP at Norwood Middle School is looking forward to a very active 3rd quarter! Since October, both 7th and 8th grade students have been completing Dave Ramsey’s Personal Finance Curriculum for Middle School in their Social Studies classrooms. These lessons will continue on throughout the year!
What is GEAR UP?
GEAR UP is at Norwood High School and Middle School to significantly increase the number of students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education beginning in 7th grade. All students are a part of GEAR UP just for attending Norwood Middle and High School!
GEAR UP is a seven year grant that helps develop students in a number of different ways including:
- College and Career Exploration via Naviance
- One-on-One Advising
- College & Career Classroom Presentations
- College Visits
- Job Shadowing & Lunch and Learn Experiences
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Advising
- Freshmen Transition Programming
All of this work is done through a number of staple programs that we have developed in the first two years here at Norwood. We believe that this robust programming makes a clear and distinct impact on the lives of young people. These programs are:
- Naviance: a college and career readiness platform that empowers student and family engagement with college, scholarships, and careers of interest via individualized assessments.
- Cambridge ACT Prep: an ongoing in-school training during advisory and senior seminar complete with practice diagnostic, Naviance Online ACT prep, and personalized coaching.
- Career Mentoring Program: a combination of monthly Lunch & Learn presentations and Job Shadow Experience with companies and other community partners from City of Norwood's Chamber of Commerce.
It is our mission to work with every student at Norwood Middle and Norwood High School over the course of each year. If you or your student have any questions about GEAR UP feel free to contact us! Our team is always available to serve students 365 days per year:
College and Career Development Specialist